Friday, July 3, 2009

SMASH....

La la la...here I am just taking some pics of new pots when........
SMASH!......and there goes the weekend:( My car needs a makeover.

Well I was trying to take pictures of my new cups this morning when we hear a load booming noise. "Is that thunder?" Michael asked. "No, I don't think so." I replied, looking up at the bright blue sky through the open window. As I looked a little closer to investigate I noticed our next door neighbor running up to our door yelling and quite upset. We ran to see what was wrong when he informed us that a lady had just hit my car and drove off. His sister-in-law took off in her car in hot pursuit! He immediately called the police as Michael and I stood there kinda dumbfounded with "wait...what...?" looks on our faces. The police rolled up sirens blazing while we (by "we" I mean the neighbors who totally had our backs) gave them directions to where our one neighbor and her sister had cornered the car. They actually got the driver to come back. We have the greatest neighbors. She was preg-o, chain smoking, didn't have a license, claimed to have peed herself and well....isn't that enough? She claimed to have driven away because our neighbor yelled at her. Duh, you hit a car, of course he yelled at you. And she also said she didn't see my car....you mean the big red one parked in front of the house along with all the other cars parked on the street? Anyway, we filed a police report and called the insurance companies. Hopefully this will all get sorted out but in the meantime my poor car is not drivable. We are supposed to be leaving for a weekend trip to NJ and next weekend we have to go to NC. Our stuff doesn't fit in Michael's car so we either have to have my car fixed by Thursday or get a nice rental that will fit all of our work plus the tent. Ugggg. I don't even want to think about it. I hope your weekend is filled with less exciting fireworks....at least the kind that are pretty.

4 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Your neighbors rock! Sorry about your car. Your pottery is really nice.
- Cindy

Judi Tavill said...

geeeez.
try not to think about it...?
where are you coming to in the garden state?

Jerry said...

So sorry to hear about your car, that totally sucks big time. But at least you have great neighbors who caught the slimeball who hit & run. Hopefully it will all get worked out without too much trouble.

Lovely pots you have there, by the way.

Karen said...

Your neighbors really are freaking awesome. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, especially during the holiday weekend. :(