Thursday, July 2, 2009

It worked!!




My glaze came out, YAY!!!! Here are some pictures from my most recent firing. The solid blue is my new formula. The bentonite worked and it went on super nice. The "simple" dish is an experiment with brushing a stain under the final coat of glaze. I like the way it turned out but I think my clear was a little too thin this time around and I didn't get that thick glassy surface I like so much. My next challenge will be how to combine the two surfaces. The new one is a little too matt for the interior of vessels but I'm trying it out layered over the gloss to get a semi-matt. The next load will be out hopefully tomorrow and with any luck I'll have some good pictures to share next week.

1 comment:

jim gottuso said...

congrats on the glaze... i like the little bowl in the first pic too.