Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New York.New York.


This weekend Michael and I took a trip up to New York to visit some friends who live in the city. We are so lucky to live in an area that is so close to everything! It was a perfect weekend for being in the city, the weather was beautiful and everyone was bearing their white legs for the first time of the season, including me! We stayed with our good friends Laruen and Josh, you can see Michael looking out their window at the beautiful view of the city while sipping coffee on Saturday morning. During the weekend of sightseeing, eating and drinking I made a discovery that I had to recreate the minute we got home. Have you had Pinkberry? I knew the name of the company from the credit card commercials that were out a while ago but didn't realize that they were an actual company. They make this frozen yogurt that is just delicious (although our friends say that it can't compare to the yogurt stand at Bloomingdale's....did you know Bloomingdale's made frozen yogurt? cause it was news to me...) I found a recipe on 101 cookbooks (a fantastic food blog by the way) and gave it a shot in my ice cream maker (which had pretty much been collecting dust until another friend of our introduced me to Nutella ice cream). It turned out fantastic and it's pretty healthy since it's just greek yogurt, sugar (or splenda I guess) and frosty goodness. I also made a Raspberry sauce to go over it...yum. If you have an ice cream maker you should head on over to 101 cookbooks and check out her recipe, and also check out the Melon Sherbet, I plan to make that tonight!

No comments: