Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winterfest

Tomorrow night is the Jazz Preview for Winterfest at the Baltimore Clayworks. I am hoping to get there to see my pots on display and to check out the work of this artist Shanna Fleigel. I really love her work and am hoping I can afford to add one of her mugs to my collection.
Today I stayed home, hoping to have a work day but am stuck on the couch with the sniffles. I was up early to do a spot on the local news advertising Holiday Heap this weekend. When I got home I made this really yummy soup and I wanted to share the recipe with you.

Spiced Butternut Squash Soup:
Melt 1 Tbs. butter in a medium dutch oven or pot with a lid. Add 1 peeled and chopped apple (I used a honey crisp because that is what I had) and 1/2 of a chopped onion. Saute until the apple is soft and the onion is translucent. Add 1 tsp gar am Marsala, 1tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, saute for another minute or so. Add 1 package of chopped butternut squash (or about 1 medium if you don't have it pre-chopped), 1 cup of baby carrots and 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth. Cover and simmer until veggies are tender. Puree in batches and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt on top! I almost added some spinach but wasn't sure it would go. After tasting it I think it would be good.

1 comment:

mikey said...

mmm...best soup ever!!! seriously - I've never had soup like this!!